1° be series vehicles;
2° when applying for the opening of a driving school, the vehicles should have entered service for the first time:
– at least two (2) years ago for tourism vehicles and trucks;
– at least five (5) years ago for vehicles transporting goods whose permissible overall weight for each exceeds 3.5 tons, for passenger mass transport vehicles as well as heavy-duty vehicles and road tractors;
3° they shall include:
*For any type of vehicle:
– lateral front seats with gear arrangements and standard security belts;
– a dual control brake and clutch mechanism;
*for specific cars: two lateral rear view mirrors adjusted for student and monitor;
* For goods transportation vehicles whose permissible overall weight for each exceeds 3.5 tons and those for passenger mass transport as well as trucks: two external rear view mirrors adjusted for student and instructor’s usage;
*for specific vehicles: a dual control acceleration mechanism that can be neutralized when the vehicle is used for driving license examinations;
4° Have visible panels at the front and back labelled “AUTOECOLE” or “VOITURE ECOLE” or “DRIVING SCHOOL” (with no other advertising indication) and placed either at the front or back for goods transportation vehicles and passenger mass transport vehicles, or perpendicularly to the longitudinal symmetry of the vehicle.
The panels should measure between 40 x 12 cm and 50 x 15 cm for specific vehicles and trucks and be less or equal to 100 x 50 cm for mass or goods transportation vehicles whose permissible overall weight exceeds 3500 kg.
These panels should be reflective.
For motorcycles with or without sidecar, the indication “MOTO – ECOLE” or “DRIVINGSCHOOL” should clearly and visibly appear at the front and back either on two (2) panels placed on the motorcycle or sidecar, or on a bib worn by the driver;
5° to have subscribed to an insurance company covering without limitation damages that could occur as a result of accidents caused to third parties and to the people inside the vehicle especially during driving lessons or driving license examinations.
Specific vehicles with automatic clutch should comply with the requirements provided above except for the dual clutch mechanism.